- A skirt steak or a flank steak
- one cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar (I use sugar in the raw)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed (no need to chop them)
- 4 tbsp of honey
- 2-3 tbsp of thai garlic chili paste/sauce
- Add all the ingredients, aside from the steak, to your small sauce pan and set over medium heat
- Once it starts to bubble gently, remove from heat and let it sit for about an hour (it needs to be at least room temp)
- Once it’s cool enough put it into a zip-lock bag and chuck the steak in with it. Place in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- After sitting in fridge for a day or so, remove from fridge and let it get close to room temp. NEVER grill a cold steak (makes it tough). discard the marinade, and grill steak to your desired doneness. usually about 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
I usually serve it with steamed broccoli or a steamed sweet potato.