This is a guest post from Matt Forney.
Being a grillmaster is like being a musician; you need a repertoire of recipes you can call upon at a moment’s notice. Honey mustard chicken breasts is a great one to have; they’re delicious and don’t require much effort to put together. My family is a big fan of these babies, which means I can practically put this recipe together in my sleep by now.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of honey mustard
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
- 1 tbsp of thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Get the grill fired up and ready to go.
- Lay the chicken breasts on the cookie sheet and pound them flat with the hammer. Try and make sure they’re flat and even, as this’ll save you a lot of frustration when it’s grillin’ time.Season them with a little salt and pepper for flavoring.
- In the mixing bowl, combine the mustard, olive oil, shallots and thyme.
Dunk the breasts into the bowl, making sure to cover them completely with sauce.
- Grill those suckers! Since you flattened ‘em, it shouldn’t take more than five minutes per side to cook them all the way through; any longer and they’ll burn. If you have any leftover sauce after you’ve laid the breasts on the grill, pour it on the breasts.
- Serve hot with a vegetable of your choice.
If you want to serve more breasts, double the ingredients as well; for example, if you’re serving eight breasts, use a 1/2 cup of mustard etc. If you’re serving six breasts, use a 1/3 cup etc.