Been Feinding for some Lobster Rolls, then I realized I had frozen Crawfish Tails in the freezer. Game on, that was all it took. My brain went into over-drive concocting my own take on the dish. Let’s begin.
- 12oz of crawfish tails, peeled shrimp, or lobster meat
- 1 cup Remoulade (recipe linked does NOT have to be exact, but its a good reference. I bought the remoulade I used)
- Half a green pepper, diced
- Half an onion, diced
- Two ribs of celery, diced
- 2 tbsp of lime juice
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (change per your taste)
- 2 tbsp of cajun mustard (or any coarse brown mustard)
- 1 pickle, chopped
- 1 unsliced hoagie roll thats soft on the inside
- Add the tails in a bowl and rinse. Some people find the un-rinsed tails off putting so rinse them and it makes them milder.
- Dump the rinsed tails into your mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients (except the bread) and stir.
- Slice your hoagie roll, but not deep enough to cut it all the way in half. Instead cut it just enough to form a hot-dog style bun. Stuff the crawfish mixture into the roll. Enjoy. Should be enough for 2