I’ve ALWAYS dug Vietnamese cuisine. My boy Nhgia used to make this and shared his recipe with me. If you’re not down with rice serve with a simple gardern salad. or serve the steak ON TOP of your salad. Simple and delicious.
- 6 tsp Maggi Seasoning Sauce
- 6 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 3 lbs of Top Sirloin
1. Stir together Maggi seasoning sauce, oil, pepper, and garlic in a wide, shallow dish or mixing bowl. Add steaks; rub all over with marinade. Cover; let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Remove steaks from marinade; scrape off most of the garlic. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add 1 steak and cook until well browned, 3–4 minutes; flip steak and cook until medium rare, 2–3 minutes more.
3. Transfer steak to a cutting board; tent with foil. Repeat process with remaining steak. Thinly slice both steaks across the grain. Serve with rice, any accumulated juices (stir rice in the skillet with the pan juices), and a dash or two more of Maggi seasoning sauce.